- Company established as Caspian Mainport Ltd.
- Head office set up in Cork, Ireland at one of the shareholder’s premises.
- Award of first contract for sourcing, conversion and operation of 2 cuttings barges for Agip KCO, Kazakhstan.
- Office set up in Aktau, Kazakhstan for local operations.
- Certification of company under ISO 9001 / 14001 / 18001.
- Purchase of barge and shoalbuster tug which were mobilised to Kazakhstan for charter to Saipem.
- Group Purchase of shallow-draft survey/diving vessel – subsequently chartered for end-use in Saudi Arabia.
- Purchase of CM Wulf ultra-shallow draft ice-class tug in Germany and mobilisation to Kazakhstan to meet market opportunities.
- Tender and award of additional contracts for Kazakhstan operations by Saipem/Ersai group in Kashagan operations.
- Acquisition of CM Mehran, CM Service and CM Trader to support these contracts (Tug, Supply Vessel, Tanker).
- Tender and award of contract for transportation of construction workers in Kazakhstan from Atyrau on Ural River to Kashagan oilfield, requiring shallow-draft high-speed vessels.
- Two vessels acquired from UK Red Funnel Line (Isle of Wight Services) and mobilised to Kazakhstan.
- Operations commenced June 2009.
- Set up of Turkmenistan offices in Ashgabat and Turkmenbashi.
- Initial award of pipelay support contract for Petronas Turkmenistan project for 3 tugs, two barges and one supply vessel.
- All units mobilised to Caspian within 60 days of contract award.
- Additional contract award for pipelay support for 2 x 80 ton bollard pull AHTS units for Petronas Turkmenistan.
- Vessels acquired and mobilised to Turkmenistan.
- Commencement of Turkmenistan operations with 100% local operation and crew.
- Expansion of crew/construction transfer service in Kazakhstan – additional contract awarded by Saipem/Ersai with purchase by CMI Group of additional high-speed catamaran to meet requirement.
- Vessel purchased in Korea and mobilised to Caspian for on-time commencement of operation in June 2011.
- Following conclusion of survey/diving contract in Saudi Arabia, survey/diving vessel CM Surveyor mobilised to Caspian Sea for future operations.
- Purchase of multi-role standby vessel Ocean Tern and mobilisation to Kazakhstan. Only North Sea Class B vessel available in Kazakhstan and operating with 100% local crew.
- Design study completed for ice-class CaspianMax ice-breaking supply vessel project. Currently under revision but actively being developed, together with crew boat design for future Caspian requirements.
- Start of Venezuelan operations following mobilisation of CM Annie and CM Eagle from Caspian Sea and award of two-year contracts by PDVSA, Venezuelan national oil company for harbour/terminal operations.
- Award of contract by Topaz/BUE for Baku-based operations of CM Heather and CM Mehran supporting BP Azerbaijan offshore construction programme. Vessels upgraded with towing-pins and sharks-jaws and commence operations for BP sub- contractors Saipem and McDermott.
- Agreement of Joint Venture with PM Shipping Pte Ltd Singapore for 2 newbuilding 65 ton ASD escort tugs of Robert Allen design. Vessel charters agreed for operation in Venezuela with PDVSA as charterer.
- Mobilisation and delivery in Venezuela of Singapore newbuildings named Leo and Lily.
- Incorporation of CMI Alpha Offshore LLC, a 100% owned Russian company with offices in Astrakhan with a view to supporting operations for the Russian Filanovsky field development.
- Award of contract by Saipem Russia for provision of 4 vessels to support Filanovsky pipeline development and of 2 further vessels for Transport and Installation phase of the project. Four vessels were provided from existing fleet with two additional vessels purchased and mobilised to the Caspian Sea. All vessels placed under Russian flag and operation. Incorporation of CMI Offshore Marine Ltd and registration under Greek Law 89.
- Relocation of Head Office to Vrilissia, Athens.
- Award of 4 vessel contract by Dragon Oil to support Turkmenistan oilfield operations.
- Purchase and mobilisation of CM Rose, CM Ruby, (60m vessels with over 5,000 bhp and AHT/Supply capacity) together with CM Rescue (multi-role standby vessel) with all vessels under 10 years of age.
- Additional vessel purchase of CM Rahil, 2008 built DP1 AHTS to complete requirement.
- Award of contract by North Caspian Production Operating Company for CMI Kazakhstan to operate both high-speed crewboat and Atyrau passenger terminal for firm period to end 2015 and further options thereafter.
- Terminal opened in April 2014 providing for processing, security and medical checks of all passengers.
- Charter and mobilisation of 4 existing vessels to Turkmenistan to support Petronas field construction programme including pipelay support and jacket installation.
- Joint venture partner President Shipyard orders 2 x 80 ton bollard pull Robert Allan ASD tugs for delivery May 2016.
- LOI awarded by Saipem Group for provision of 7 vessels for 2015/16 Kashagan pipelay
- Extension of charters in Venezuela of Harbour Tugs CM Annie, CM Eagle, Leo and Lily.
- Commencement of operation of vessels for Kashagan pipelay operations.
- Acquisition of CM Pecos and CM Pelios – 2 x 40 ton bollard pull newbuilding shallow-draft tugs in Singapore and mobilisation to the Caspian for Kashagan Operations.
- Business development manager appointed to expand interests in West African Offshore Service Vessel market.
- Successful completion of Filanovsky Field installation project
- Disposal of six older vessels from the fleet in line with cyclical reduction in offshore market
- Demobilisation of shoalbuster tugs and barge from the Caspian Sea for redeployment or sale
- Successful completion of Kashagan pipelay support operations